As you may already be aware, I recently started a part-time business with Norwex. I work full-time already so my evenings are pretty packed full. People have asked me why I became a Norwex consultant. My answer, as it is for many questions, is I'm doing it for my family, for my daughter.
It all started when I became pregnant. I read all the books, articles, etc. about what to do and eat - with that came all of the what NOT to do, eat, breathe, wear, use... on and on. I followed most if not all of the rules. I got some ridicule for it. I heard a lot of, "I did all that when I was pregnant and it didn't hurt my kids." I figured, if it has been discovered that something is dangerous, however slight the risk, I would do everything I could to protect my child.
What I learned when I was pregnant did not leave my mind once she was born. All of those things still apply. I'm careful about what she is exposed to, what she eats or breathes, what she puts onto her skin. She has had eczema and Andy and I both have skin issues, so we're definitely careful about skin products and detergents.
I used to wait to do any kind of cleaning until Gwen was in bed or out of the house. Otherwise, it was just water and paper towels. I would go through a LOT of paper towels. Yikes.
When we moved, a new neighber came over to introduce herself and told me how she was a Norwex consultant. I had never heard of their products. She loaned me an enviro and window cloth. I was hesitant, but when I noticed that the table was dirty where Gwen was eating, I got the enviro cloth wet and cleaned the table.
Something so simple. And I was hooked. Here is a product that, with water, picked up all of the germs, the tiniest particles, the grease. And it was done with just water. I could get a surface clean as she ate, right in front of her. No fumes. No residue. Just clean.
I wanted more.
There have been so many chemicals released into the market that have had no testing done to determine their impacts on human beings first. These are products we use and breathe in our home. These are products that we pile under our sinks and need locks to ensure our children do not get poisoned from ingesting them. These are products that stay in the clothes that we wear, sheets that we sleep in, every day. These products cause all sorts of medical conditions. The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) stated that, "...studies of human exposure to air pollutants by EPA indicate that indoor levels
of pollutants may be 2 to 5 times – and occasionally more than 100 times –
higher than outdoor pollutant levels. Indoor air pollutants have been ranked
among the top five environmental risks to public health. The problems they cause
can be subtle and do not always produce easily recognized or immediate impacts
on health." http://www.epa.gov/region1/communities/indoorair.html
I've decided to make a change in our home by radically reducing the use of chemicals in personal care and cleaning, which will save us time and money, and improve our quality of life.
I hope to be able to bring these products to other homes, to spread the word about what we can do to reduce our risk of serious health conditions and save time and money in the process. And maybe help others find a great business opportunity as well, like me. The reason I use and am a consultant for Norwex all comes down to Gwen. I want her to be healthy and happy, I want Andy and I to stay healthy so that we can be around to see her grow, and I want to do what I can to help our planet, to ensure that Gwen will be able to do the same for her children someday.
My Norwex website: http://robinjanzen.norwex.biz
My Facebook Norwex site - please 'like' to see product and specials info, before and after photos, etc.: https://www.facebook.com/RobinJanzenNorwexIndependentSalesConsultant